Each Monday is the start of a new week, and that can sometimes seem intimidating. To try and eliminate this anxiety it’s a great idea to slow down, take a moment to ourselves, and prepare our mind for the week ahead.
This week for my self-care, I made my favourite cup of tea and I suggest you do too!
Here are the steps (if you need them…) that I took:
- Boil your water
- Pick out your favourite tea (Mine is Coco Chai Rooibos)
- Pick out your favourite mug
- Put the appropriate amount of tea into a tea strainer
- Pour boiling water into your mug
- Place the tea strainer into the boiling water
- Let your tea steep for a couple minutes
- Take your strainer out of your mug
- Find a cozy place to sit
- Sit back and enjoy your tea
Drinking tea is an excellent way to practice mindfulness, as it gives you a chance to focus on your senses. Hearing the kettle boil, seeing the water change colour as you add the tea leaves, smelling the calming aroma, feeling the warm mug in your hands, and tasting the perfect cup of tea.
Whether you have your own cup of tea tonight, or not, enjoy the last few moments of your Self-Care Sunday!